• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trailer Pricing

Marie

We are working on a bid for trailer graphics. It will have a full color graphic that is 54" x 90" that we would print on cast vinyl, laminate and die cut. It would also have one line of lettering (36" x 19') that we could cut out of cast vinyl. We would install the graphic and the wording on both sides of the trailer; nothing on the rear. What would your price range be on this job? THANKS!!

OnPoint

I mainly work on 53 ft trailers where you gotta get out the scaffolding and plow through all the rivets. It can be a pain, but there is good money to be made if your willing to do it. If it is retail I would charge 1600 + design
If it is a company that will be doing a lot of trailers (fleets) most likely no more than 1400. Hope that helps!

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
$1500ish...off the top of my head.

$1500 or a little less is a reasonable price for something basic.

But, if the print is so complex that it has to be masked for installation I would up the cost for the actual masking and additional installation time.

I would be at $885.00 for the cast prints, assuming they are contour cut, $115 for the cut vinyl lettering, plus $200 for flat install, or $300 if over rivets/corrugations. That would put my price at $1200-1300.

Marie

Thanks for the input! I feel a little more confident now because I was in the same ball park. :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're basically applying two 4' x 8's to both sides of a trailer. Shouldn't be too hard to do, even if you have rivets. $1,500 should be a good moneymaker for ya...... :thumb:

reQ

$1500 for 2 4x8 decals applied to flat trailer...? Maybe i don't understand something or i am really dumb.

TimToad

I seen it, but its peanuts, maybe hundred bucks on top. My price would be around 980-1000 tops

Pardon my math, but isn't 36" x 19' about 57 square feet of vinyl? I assumed she meant that they would be doing two lines of 18" tall x 19 FEET long worth of additional text.

Unless I misread her initial specs, that's a lot more than $100 bucks worth of vinyl on top of the two 54"x90"s.

reQ

Pardon my math, but isn't 36" x 19' about 57 square feet of vinyl? I assumed she meant that they would be doing two lines of 18" tall x 19 FEET long worth of additional text.

Unless I misread her initial specs, that's a lot more than $100 bucks worth of vinyl on top of the two 54"x90"s.

Okay, my bad, i thought its 36x19 inch ^^

Oops. I read that as 36" x 19" as I think others must have, also. Is it 19 feet, I wonder? Hmmm.

Marie

The text is one line - 36 inches tall x 19 feet long. If the first trailer goes well, there is opportunity for a significant number of trailers to follow. Thanks for all the comments.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you get more than 9 or 10, tell them they will get a nice discount on the last one, if they do the entire bunch within a certain timeframe. Don't give out a good price to lure them in. Give it to them at the end, if they meet all of your demands/needs.

Billct2

Or call it a rebate credited to the last one after so many units.
If there were as many trucks,stores,restaurants etc as I was told "there will be many more" of there wouldn't be any room to move in this state

Nuagedesigns

:goodpost: We live by this. Did a fleet of 53' trailers... full wraps.....worked the price out for 36 trailers and the last one was Discounted considerably. Only way to cover your butt on large volume work.