• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

trailer with rivets

WOODBS

I am doing a trailer with rivets every foot or so in double rows..the stripe is 22" wide band all the way around. My method so far is align, squeegee, leaving tunnel for rivets...and rollepro. the vinyl seems to tack top/and or bottom closing off teh escape. Any other ideas on attack? tHANKS

Attachments

• DSC04100.JPG
    DSC04100.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC04099.JPG
    DSC04099.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 109
I don't know if this would work but could you some of the 3m fine line striping tape or even a little of the backer sheet to keep it from tacking at either the top or bottom?

~Chris

Mosh

No way I would even try that job. Sometimes it is better to say no. I have never seen that many rivets!

CentralSigns

Ya tried a pin a rivet brush and a blow dryer. Get a marker and draw a line to follow down the side either top or bottom edge. I've done lots like that, but a ton of extra work. Each rivet is several minuites or so.

WOODBS

yeah it's not so bad..did one side in a couple hours.. just have to go back and perfect the seal on rivets..

Gypsy

I took a plastic bic pen emptied everything out. Then I cut it in half after I have laid all the flat area i will stick one top or bottom or both depending on the rivets or the weather outside . Works like a charm when i get close to the top or bottom with the rolle pro I pop it out and finish.

WOODBS

I took a plastic bic pen emptied everything out. Then I cut it in half after I have laid all the flat area i will stick one top or bottom or both depending on the rivets or the weather outside . Works like a charm when i get close to the top or bottom with the rolle pro I pop it out and finish.

not sure i understand?

WOODBS

yepp..absolutely. the only thing was I used 3551/293 and wasn't impressed with the conformability on the rivets..

WOODBS

Why not use 3551/293? It is used to do wraps..right?

Attachments

• Brook Edge 1.jpg
    Brook Edge 1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Brook Edge 2.jpg
    Brook Edge 2.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 118