• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trailer Wrap.... looking for suggestions.

skyhigh

Changing the color of this trailer from white to Red.
Size is 24' x 8' wide. I think the height is 7ft.

1) What vinyl would you suggest?
2) Would you pull the rivets?
3) How about the roof......Would it be feasible to paint the roof vs using vinyl?

Anything to watch out for on these "Look" trailers? (I never heard of them before, to be honest).

:thankyou:

skyhigh

oops. A picture may help.

ps. notice domed roof.

Attachments

• MtAloysius.jpg
    MtAloysius.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 76
Cast air egress red film from manufacturer you prefer.

If it's rivets wrap over top, it's probably screws, some folks prefer to wrap over top and some pull. Normally I pull them but on this project you would either have to paint them red or leave them white.

Painting the the roof could be done. It's probably more dependent on the expertise of the painter to match the vinyl color.

just curious why you would wrap the trailer red and paint the roof, wouldn't it be easier to have it all painted?

~Chris

phototec

Wouldn't a color change to red be easier to use paint?

Then the roof gets painted at the same time, and the screws, everything is the same color!
:smile:

skyhigh

just curious why you would wrap the trailer red and paint the roof, wouldn't it be easier to have it all painted?

~Chris
It would be easier to paint the whole trailer.....but, I can't paint a 24' trailer, and those that can (around here), want an arm and a leg.

For chits & giggles, I priced out 16 sheets of red .040 aluminum. You can reskin the darn thing for 1/4 the price of paint. The wrap vinyl would run the same (slightly less) than the pre-painted aluminum. :Big Laugh

For all the more you see of the roof......I'd suggest a good roller. :rolleyes:

jfiscus

Rap Master
We use 3M 180 series solid color vinyls and 1080 series solid color vinyls for color change wraps on trailers all the time here. We also remove all of the screws as we go.
I would say just wrap up to the "gutter" line and stop there, that should look good - or else you're gonna have to wrap a couple feet up all the way around.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Couple cases of Krylon Red. Done.

Seriously, if riveted, 3M 1080 Red vinyl is the stuff. I haven't seen a trailer with screwed on panels in years. All rivets around here. Not an issue with this vinyl.

Mosh

New aluminum, leave the roof white. OR trade it in on a NEW RED TRAILER!!!! I bet that would be the cheapest and easiest solution!!!!

skyhigh

Wrap it like you would any other vehicle. Leave the rivets in. I could do that alone in about 5 hrs. EZPZ

I could take the screws out.......have 2 other people to help...... and it would still take me 10 hours to wrap (one side) :Big Laugh

back in the day.....
With all the metal fabrication equipment at my disposal, I could have re-skinned it in 4 :ROFLMAO:
(and not one bubble).

update....
The boss is going to wrap it. She is going to remove the screws (it is indeed screws), and paint them. I think that will be a nicer job. She was leaning towards Avery SW900 film. I'll let you know how long it takes her (and her helper). I'll make myself scarce for the day.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
people get tied up in the word "wrap" these days. A couple of gallons of Ronan Red Background Enamel, a foam roller and away we go,

use a foam brush to stroke out the runs and bubbles...

done for under $200 and maybe 2 hours

it a trailer, not a Ferrari....