• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Training are Roland DGA today, What a great place to go to.

binki

At training today and tomorrow at Roland headquarters in Irvine. Imprintables is running the class on the VersaCamm but what a great place. Just about everything in the lobby is printed with Roland equipment from wall graphics to drum sets, to leather jackets and chairs to whatever you can imagine. On top of that they have about a dozen machines all running various jobs including a dental engraver making teeth. The people there are very nice and Steve from Imprintables runs a great class. I will take some pictures of the stuff tomorrow so I can post them.

binki

Here are a few pics. I liked the sink and the dental engraver that made teeth. They also had some really large flatbed and roll printers. Their lab (no pics allowed) had about a dozen machines all rolling at once and a work table about the size of our entire shop.

Attachments

• IMG_0755.JPG
    IMG_0755.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0760.JPG
    IMG_0760.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 71

binki

I loved the sink. It was heat set in an oven. They had a number of things. The dental engraver was cool also.

Andrew O

Merchant Member
Thanks for the kind words Binki. Most of what is there is actual customer work, and we are always looking for more submissions. So if any Roland user reading this has done something cool lately and wants to make an extra one for display, let me know.

For the record, that's an electronic drum kit made by our sister company. I agree that a metal cymbal wrapped in vinyl would probably sound awful, but it doesn't make difference with these.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
So no photo of the client wearing the Roland teeth?.......

neat stuff

wayne k
guam usa

binki

The dental engraver was crazy. I didn't take a pic of it but the first day I saw the 'raw teeth' come out of the engraver and the second day I saw the finished product come out of the oven. Who knew?

Everyone at Roland was great to us. It really changes your perspective on the equipment when you can visit the OEM.

What I can't get over is the work table there which was about the size of an aircraft carrier. We are so crammed in here I couldn't get a toothpick in any more. We squeezed our Versacamm in right behind our countertop and it is a great sales tool when it is running (always) in front of our customers. I could use a couple more of them but I don't have a place for them.

For the drum set, I was tempted to sit down at it and bang on out a few licks. :covereyes:

player

I had a dentist awhile ago that had a very expensive carving system. He would 3d scan the hole for the filling, then carve the filling out of some kind of German stone material. The dentist stopped using it because he told me the scanning was always slightly distorting the area, making the output of the carver less than perfect.