• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Training

twanny

Do anyone know or is there any place where you can get some sign making training. I am new to the business and i would like to offer the same products as the other shops.

If anyone one know anywhere in the FL area please let me know. Thanks

player

Best way is to work for a sign shop until you have the proper skill set. It would be like a car repair guy going on a car repair forum and
asking "I just opened up a car repair shop. I am new to car repair so do you know where I can get some training? I bought all the tools and a hoist but
I still have no knowledge or experience in repair."

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Not likely you'll find a resource such as you describe. The most common options are ...

• Take a job in a sign shop.
  • Hire someone knowledgeable in the craft to work for you and learn from that person.
  • Study and participate at Signs 101, as well as read books, trade magazines and watch videos.
  • Find a capable shop in your area and offer to help on selected jobs in return for the experience.