• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Transcluscent 3m vinyl not cutting on my old grc 765 plotter

neonman

I a m trying to cut a sample graphic on 3m/gerber 230 series trans.vinyl, with the clear plastic liner, for some reason my old grc 765 plotter won't cut it.
I think it has something to do with the sensors, I tried to put some tape on them didn't work...I put pre mask on the back of the liner(that was 3m's idea)...didn't work.
I also tried to tape a piece of standard liner on the ends of my piece of material, that worked untill I advanced the material then it re-set itself, when it got to the point of trans. vinyl where it had no regular paper on it... any ideas?? thanks Neonman-Jimmy

Melks

Had a similar issues when I was running a summa plotter trying to cut 3m dusted crystal film with synthetic liner. A long strip of thin premask did the trick on the back side of the liner in line with where the sensor was.