• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transfer film application

ZooBear

Hi guys I'm new here and needed some help... I've been making wall decals for a year now by my self and just learned that my job would be a lot easier with a transfer applicator rather than a sqeegi.... Budget is under 1000 any recommendations?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
how long can you store a decal once the transfer paper is applied i find that after a day the bubles come... what you think of this machine... http://www.weedersheeter.com/video/index.htm

I've had one for years and wouldn't be without it.

If you are getting bubbles the next day then you are most likely getting outgassing and need to let your prints dry longer before masking them. If they aren't prints and you don't see them immediately, then I have no idea.

Transfer paper is a lot like masking tape. It is sensitive to UV light and will dry out and harden due to UV exposure. Personally I wouldn't plan on the mask being good for any more than a month or two.