• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transfer Tape for Avery Wrapping Material

DanielleH

I'm not sure if this subject has been covered, but in the last 45 minutes, I haven't found anything about it.

We cut a detailed logo in the 60" Avery Wrapping Material (Brushed Silver) and need to mask it so we can apply it to a wall. The only problem is that our transfer tapes we have (TransferRite 782U) don't adhere to the logo itself (let alone the backer paper). Is there a specific type of transfer tape people have used before or that we could try to get this logo masked?

Thanks in advance for your help/ideas!!:peace!:

Split76

I'm not sure if this subject has been covered, but in the last 45 minutes, I haven't found anything about it.

We cut a detailed logo in the 60" Avery Wrapping Material (Brushed Silver) and need to mask it so we can apply it to a wall. The only problem is that our transfer tapes we have (TransferRite 782U) don't adhere to the logo itself (let alone the backer paper). Is there a specific type of transfer tape people have used before or that we could try to get this logo masked?

Thanks in advance for your help/ideas!!:peace!:

All i can say, is that it doesn't stick to 3M SCPS-100 :)

DanielleH

Thanks

Thanks you two, we ended up apply the last bit of our vinyl onto acrylic and having it laser cut to their logo. But when I have a chance, I will definitely call Avery to see if they know anything.

Kwiksigns

wookie
you might also try transferrite's airmask 510U... apparently it sticks to exposed air release liner. I have not tried it though.

shoresigns

I haven't tried this with wrap film, but if it's not too detailed and it comes off the wall cleanly, you might be able to score the vinyl, apply it to the wall and then weed off of the wall. Works great with frosting on windows, but as I said I've never tried it with wrap film.