• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transfer tape on wrap material?

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
Hey guys - I have made some printed decals that are about 18 inches wide and are going to be used once - thus, I am not laminating them.

However, my cut outline as some nice edges and individual letters. Has anyone had any troubles with applying transfer tape and applying the decal and having the wrap material lift upon removal of the transfer tape? I got to the point where I just removed the backing and slapped them on there working out any imperfections since I printed on air release wrap material.

I have used transfer tape all the time on regular cut vinyl - but had issues last year applying wrap material (printed decals) with transfer tape and having them lift with the transfer tape . Decals are going to be applied outside, and on vehicles (so on metal that is probably spray painted).

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for your time!

Lee