Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer tape on wrap material?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Engstrom Graphics, May 31, 2012.

1. Engstrom Graphics

Engstrom Graphics sniperhockeydesigns

Hey guys - I have made some printed decals that are about 18 inches wide and are going to be used once - thus, I am not laminating them.

However, my cut outline as some nice edges and individual letters. Has anyone had any troubles with applying transfer tape and applying the decal and having the wrap material lift upon removal of the transfer tape? I got to the point where I just removed the backing and slapped them on there working out any imperfections since I printed on air release wrap material.

I have used transfer tape all the time on regular cut vinyl - but had issues last year applying wrap material (printed decals) with transfer tape and having them lift with the transfer tape . Decals are going to be applied outside, and on vehicles (so on metal that is probably spray painted).

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for your time!

Lee

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    low tack TT