• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transfer tape or not?

midnightmadman

I'm going to be doing about 40 sets of doors for a company's vehicles. They will be digital printed and cold laminated in luster. I priced it low for them and they are applying themselves.
My question is, should I put transfer tape on these or just send them a felt squeegee and let them apply.
I think they go on fine with just laminate myself.

midnightmadman

Its quicker for them (one less step) and a lot less more time in production for me. I don't see much more benefit to the transfer tape if its already laminated. Am I missing something?

Poconopete

Do they have previous install experience? When they screw it up and start talking to people, someone is bound to say it should have had tape on it.
It takes only seconds to mask a door decal or am I missing something?

SignManiac

How big are they? What shape are they? Will they be using a level or any ladders? Will they do a wet or dry application?

midnightmadman

How big are they? What shape are they? Will they be using a level or any ladders? Will they do a wet or dry application?

18" x 16" and 10" x 9" Solid shape of a letter B. No ladders or level. Probably dry, but I think wet would work better and I could suggest that I guess.