• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

transfer tape problem

Deco

Thanks in advance for any guidance. We wet applied some cut vinyl stripes to sun exposed glass and left the transfer tape on for a day. I guess it was left on too long and baked it on. Now the transfer tape removes but is leaving the adhesive on the glass. Tried removing it dry and tried rewetting. Is there some solution that we could wet the transfer tape with that would allow it to be removed with the adhesive. Never encountered this before but we normally would remove the tape sooner.
Dang it!

tintguy31794

yeah we use the cheapest transfer tape we can get our hands on and it does that if you leave it for a long time or soak it.

you can go back and soak it with alcohol and it should wipe right off... its is a very weak glue.

If the glass was sun exposed and you put it on wet it should not have been a problem to remove the application tape after 5-15 minutes worth of time being on there. I thought I should also mention never wet the top of the transfer tape... thats bad lol. only wet the sticky side and get it off as soon as possible.

shakey0818

why would you use a wet application on glass,you could use a grease pen to make your marks and use a hinge method for application to line it up.if the glue ison the glass only i would use a streight edge razor blade to remove it after wetting it.