• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transferring ICC profiles to new Computer

Doubletake

Crashing

I think I figured out how to transfer but Versaworks keeps crashing when I open media explorer. Win 10 up to date as well as versaworks.
Any Ideas?

Correct Color

By "ICC profiles" do you mean the system-wide ICC profiles stored in Windows for availability to all applications, or the ICC profiles Versaworks stores that its media profiles link to...

Or do you mean Versaworks media profiles themselves?

If you mean system-wide profiles, they're stored at: C:\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color. You can just copy them out of that folder and into the same folder on the new machine. In fact, once you get them to the new machine, you can just right click on them and select "Install profile."

If you mean the Roland-stored ICC profiles themselves, they're stored in C:\Program Files\Roland Versaworks\Profiles... and from there you have to navigate to your specific machine. However, these ICC's themselves won't do you any good unless you install the media that point to them. And if you do that correctly, then they should install with the media.

To do that, on your old machine in Media Explorer you highlight the media you want to copy (one or several) then select the little file folder icon and save what you selected as an .rml file. Then once the printer is installed on the new machine, just go to Media Explorer and import (the floppy-disk-with-an-arrow icon) the .rml file back in.

As far as Windows 10 goes, I don't know. Last time I tried to install Versaworks on Windows 10, it didn't work at all. So when I have to run it, I run it on XP. But they may have fixed that by now... or not. I haven't tried lately.