• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transform a Roland Sp-300 into a SP-300V?

cLoCk

Hi All,

new here & i'm from italy etc. etc.

ive bought an used sp-300, anyone know how to "transform" an sp-300 into a sp-300V?
i've heard that is just a firmware update, the roland italian dealer ask 800$ for the update..
:thankyou:

noregrets

I havent done this, but I talked to a tech about it a while ago, he mentioned something about a switch on the motherboard and firmware - do you have a copy of versaworks?

cLoCk

I havent done this, but I talked to a tech about it a while ago, he mentioned something about a switch on the motherboard and firmware - do you have a copy of versaworks?

yep, i have the versawork of the xc-540.. is it the same, no?

how about the switch?

thank you for the reply

ChadBrown

Hi I have tryed to do this with my SP-300, Seems to print oki from the windows driver but can not get VersaWorks to start. tels me something about the inkset not being right fo the softwear. Any help would be nice!

mtroup

Hi I have tryed to do this with my SP-300, Seems to print oki from the windows driver but can not get VersaWorks to start. tels me something about the inkset not being right fo the softwear. Any help would be nice!

I have the same problem.. I haven't had a chance to mess with it lately so if you find a fix, I hope you'll post it. I'll try to do the same if I can figure it out.

Ragnabrok

The official solution from roland includes a USB dongle to allow it to work with versaworks. same solution for non V pro 2's.

mtroup

The official solution from roland includes a USB dongle to allow it to work with versaworks. same solution for non V pro 2's.

This is correct, however, when you flip that dip switch and then turn the printer on, it even shows SP-300V on the screen. I know people said the V's had upgraded pumps, etc but my father bought one new directly from Roland and his is using the same old style pump, etc that the SP-300 I recently bought used has and another SP-300 we have in another shop (which was bought new from roland) so it appears that the switch is the only difference?

I just checked at Roland's site and it seems they have updated firmware out (7.10), I'm running 6.90 so i'm going to update and try again. The firmware is for the SP-300,SP-300V,SP-300VS so I don't believe there is a firmware issue.

http://download.rolanddg.jp/en/color.html#sp3firm is the link for firmware download.

mtroup

Well I updated to 7.10 and did a fresh install of VersaWorks and it seems it still isn't working.. anyone know how to fix this?

maratr

Well I updated to 7.10 and did a fresh install of VersaWorks and it seems it still isn't working.. anyone know how to fix this?

It seems me you need to downgrade firmware to 6.3 and try start to install VersaWorks from version below than 3.0 (you will can to upgrade it later).

ev0l

I tried

I looked and looked for that dip switch but to no avail, any of you have any specific instructions I could use to achieve this change? Please feel free to pm or just a good’ol reply.

Thanks.