• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transit Connect Wrap

sghobbies

We have a Transit Connect to wrap later this week and wanted some input. Normally I would wrap in vertical panels, but lately, all of the Transit Connects I have seen around were done horizontal in two panels. I'm leaning towards horizontal. Have any of you guys done a Transit? If so, did you go the horizontal or vertical route?

Haakon

I have not wrapped any Connects, but I have applied cut graphics to dozens of them, they have been on sale over here in europe for about 10 years now.

There are 3 horizontal inward bulges/profiles in the lower part of the body, between the wheels. Depending on design, this may be a problem area when aligning a vertical panel to a previously mounted one with the vinyl already worked/stretched into the profiles?

I would think that is the main reason the ones you have seen were done with horizontal panels.

jon vital

Horizontal panels mean you only have one join and its low down so not very visible. Even less so if they have the plastic moulding on so you can hide it there.

signswi

We've done vertical on a few of them, nothing too atypical. There's more curves on them than you'd expect though, avoid running continuous graphics around the curve/corner between the side and back as it's a pain to keep lined up. Our installers hate horizontal installs so avoid them more than I'd like, but it seemed to work fine on the TC.

boxerbay

We have a Transit Connect to wrap later this week and wanted some input. Normally I would wrap in vertical panels, but lately, all of the Transit Connects I have seen around were done horizontal in two panels. I'm leaning towards horizontal. Have any of you guys done a Transit? If so, did you go the horizontal or vertical route?

horizontal. the only seams you see are just above the door handles - there is a bend between the window moldings.