• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transit Shuttle Bus Install

JJernigan

I need to put a quote together for 6 of these shuttle vans.... Looking for suggesstions and tips on what material i should use and anything particular i should consider

Attachments

• img021.jpg
    img021.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 140
  • img022.jpg
    img022.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 115

HulkSmash

I need to put a quote together for 6 of these shuttle vans.... Looking for suggesstions and tips on what material i should use and anything particular i should consider

Use the same material you warp other vehicle with. If you have no experience with wrapping outsource it someone who knows what they'er doing.

JJernigan

i have experience with wrap material.......the install will be solid color vinyl with die-cut letting......im just curious if theres a particular brand maybe of Cast vinyl that would make the install easier.....also any suggestions on what i can do to as far as install techniques.....

JJernigan

i just havent done something with this much flat surface area before and i wanna make sure that i dont have a bunch little bubbles everywhere and spend all my time getting em out'

matrue

Suggestion

I would strongly suggest the 3MIJ180-CV3 with 3M8518 Gloss Laminate. This is a 2mil/8year film. This material has Comply Adhesive is great for installs. If you like a less expensive option the 3MIJ3552, 3MIJ170CV3 are great for a short term wrap. Also, if your doing a partial wrap the 3MIJ40C-10R is great and is very cost effective.

Thanks
MT

HulkSmash

I would strongly suggest the 3MIJ180-CV3 with 3M8518 Gloss Laminate. This is a 2mil/8year film. This material has Comply Adhesive is great for installs. If you like a less expensive option the 3MIJ3552, 3MIJ170CV3 are great for a short term wrap. Also, if your doing a partial wrap the 3MIJ40C-10R is great and is very cost effective.

Thanks
MT

ij35 is by no means good for any type of vehicle.
ij 40 is great if there are no curves.

Starter

I agree.....3M...IJ180-cv3 with air release. It's a little expensive but you will more than make up in quality and time saved.

matrue

Ij35

I agree the 3MIJ35 is not good for this application but the 3MIJ3552C is less expensive 2mil/2year film great for short term vehicle graphics.

Sign Works

The proper material choice would be any major brand 2 mil cast opaque vinyl (non air egress).

The preffered install technique should be experience.

This is really a no-brainer, a simple cut vinyl install, tape in place, hinge and squeegee, what's the problem? Sounds like the wrap industry has created vinyl installers that really do not know how to install non air egress vinyl. Maybe you should first learn how to properly install non air egress vinyl then quote jobs requiring this method.

matrue

Colored Vinyl

Colored Vinyl is great providing your client doesn't have any PMS (Pantone) call outs for the green or blue. If there are pms call outs you might have to print the color but if they are okay with the colors of standard cast green and blue then that is the way to go.

M

Malkin

Solid color cast is the way to go (assuming you don't have to exact match something, which would require a digital print)

I could use a non-egress type of vinyl, but egress goes down faster, which saves money in the end.

My preferred choice would be something in the 180c range, but there are other options as well.

Don't be so defensive. Just because someone gives you the rope to hang yourself with doesn't mean you should do it, rise above instead and you will gain respect.