Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Translucent Avery 2050

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by TAAG, Feb 8, 2011.

1. TAAG

TAAG New Member

Jan 31, 2011
    I will be printing on this and was wondering what setting would be best to put in VW..??

TFW: Trans White Film
    TVP: Trans Cast Film
    TCVR: Trans Calendered Vinyl

Do any of these do the double pass, or just lay extra ink down?

Windows 7
    CS5
    VersaWorks 4.1.1.

Thanks

Tags:
  2. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    double pass? Don't you want at least 4 pass?

3. TAAG

TAAG New Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Even better.... and how is that done?

4. toli13

toli13 Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Seems to be a misunderstanding. I think TAAG asks for overprint, so printing twice the same image. I've never used translucent Avery but possibly my settings for translucent Orajet 3850 can help. I use my own profile for Orajet 3551, a non translucent polymer vinyl. The four sliders in colour settings I move to -5. In printer control I activate user defined settings with overprint 2. Sorry, my VersaWorks is German. So don't know the exact English terms. The result looks to dark in reflective light but brilliant and well saturated in light through. If you want nearly same results in reflective light and light through, you can print your image once on transPARENT vinyl and once on tranLUCENT. First apply the transparent and then the translucent. You have to use a light table to get both prints matching. Works great.
    Tilo