• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Translucent Digital Printing

VTSigns

I'm getting ready to print a couple translucent digital prints to be placed on 3/16" white acrylic. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on how you all usually do these. For the longest time I have been printing these on translucent vinyl and then applying them to 3/16" white acrylic, however, I just noticed one that I printed hear recently and it was pretty washed out. I have heard people suggest "double strike" printing the image. What exactly does this mean? Does it mean just printing at a higher pass count? If so then what pass count is sufficient for translucent prints. Does anyone here every print then apply these translucent prints to clear acrylic? My printer is the HP L25500.

Matt-Tastic

I'm getting ready to print a couple translucent digital prints to be placed on 3/16" white acrylic. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on how you all usually do these. For the longest time I have been printing these on translucent vinyl and then applying them to 3/16" white acrylic, however, I just noticed one that I printed hear recently and it was pretty washed out. I have heard people suggest "double strike" printing the image. What exactly does this mean? Does it mean just printing at a higher pass count? If so then what pass count is sufficient for translucent prints. Does anyone here every print then apply these translucent prints to clear acrylic? My printer is the HP L25500.

Use Oracal 3850 with the appropriate profile. It runs great on the L25500, and with the Oracal 215 lam, should last a long time (media is a 7year film)