• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Translucent vinyl options?

Xeo

Hallo.

I've been tasked to find some samples of translucent vinyl.. unfortunately the only ones I'm really aware of are Gerber frosted crystal & dusted crystal. If somebody could let me know a couple more options that I could dig up that'd be great.. they don't have to be Gerber.

When I try to google this stuff I keep running into the wall of colored translucent and that's not what we need.. we need a clear translucent, if that makes any sense.

TIA!
J

Malkin

Clear translucent?
Any clear vinyl is by its very nature translucent.
Do you actually mean white?

Maybe it would help if you could explain what you need to do with it.

Xeo

Whatever, if condescension is the name of the game here, I'll do it on my own.

Thanks anyway.

CanuckSigns

LOL, Malkin asked a very valid question, Translucent vinyl lets light through, therefore all clear vinyl is translucent by default.

with skin as thin as yours, you're not going to last long here!

Try calling your vinyl supplier, i'm sure they will send you some colour charts.

Billct2

we need a clear translucent, if that makes any sense.
no,not really
are you looking for diffusion film?
Oh, that's right you don't like being asked questions about your request for help,
sorry

SebastienL

Don't want to add to the condescension (!?), but to me clear and transluscent are not quite the same. Clear is clear. Transluscent can mean semi-opaque, frosted, etched....

Like they said, we need more info...

Fore the sake of it: other than Gerber, there is Avery, 3M ...as far as we know, maybe you need some Mac-Tac.
:popcorn:

andy

Hallo.

I've been tasked to find some samples of translucent vinyl.. unfortunately the only ones I'm really aware of are Gerber frosted crystal & dusted crystal. If somebody could let me know a couple more options that I could dig up that'd be great.. they don't have to be Gerber.

When I try to google this stuff I keep running into the wall of colored translucent and that's not what we need.. we need a clear translucent, if that makes any sense.

TIA!
J

I don't understand why you've got your knickers in a twist?

You will NEVER find what you're looking for as long as you insist on searching for the WRONG type of vinyl.

Whoever told you to look for translucent vinyl is a moron... you need TRANSPARENT material... try typing "coloured transparent vinyl" into Google.... you'll be amazed what asking for the RIGHT material will achieve.