• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Translucent Yellow vinyl or Yellow Acrylic?

I am building LED channel letters for a customer with bright Yellow faces. They are 3.5" deep returns with 10k white LED's, and will be mounted to Gloss Black backboard.

I'm wondering if I'm better to go with White SG05 LD acrylic with Yellow vinyl (primrose Yellow), or Cast acrylic Yellow 2037 ? for brightest & even lighting

We typical use LD acrylic so I'm wondering if there may be hotspots with the Cast acrylic?

Thanks

MikeD

pretty sure the acrylic will hold it's color longer.
Extruded acrylic will have a more uniform and consistent thickness, and that makes me think there would be less chance of hot spots when compared to cast acrylic

MikePro

i'm just a big fan of colorizing faces with vinyl, because it's easier to stock white acrylic and use for everything ...as opposed to sitting on stock acrylic colors for years and years.

still, yellow acrylic would be my choice. especially since it is much easier to fab/trimcap/handle/transport w/o issues or extra effort.