• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

transluscent/tint vinyl, similiar to Hexis Luxtac

MikePro

I've got this sample book of Hexis' Luxtac C4000, basically window-tint in various colors.
not to be confused with transluscent vinyl, as I can literally read this computer screen through the sample card (pic attached)

Unfortunately, this is a calendared film with only a 2yr durability and I'm wary about using it as I have no experience with what to expect in terms of longevity.
Anyone have good things to say about this vinyl, or have a recommendation of a cast vinyl equivalent through any other manufacturers?
I may resort to printing on a clear, but wanted to see if there were any other options available to me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 9.55.47 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 9.55.47 AM.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 145

Chasez

There is something similar to those, we have used the hexis C series once and it was okay to work with, found this other company out of Clearwater Florida that has similar products but more colours to choose from. They're called "Solar Graphics", www.coloredfilms.com 1-800-869-8468

Chaz

MikePro

thanks guys! I don't know why I didn't think of the 3M 1100 ElectroCut series, although its a shame that the color selection is basically limited to standard DOT colors (green, dark green, blue, red, orange, black, brown, yellow).

SolarGraphics
seems impressive and I have just put in a request for a sample book.
...beyond impressive, actually: way more colors/effects than I could have hoped for, and they're boasting a 5yr warranty (up to 10yrs "upon review of the project", which I'm sure is a number they reserve for any interior application)

Chasez

SolarGraphics seems impressive and I have just put in a request for a sample book.
...beyond impressive, actually: way more colors/effects than I could have hoped for, and they're boasting a 5yr warranty (up to 10yrs "upon review of the project", which I'm sure is a number they reserve for any interior application)

They are not too bad, we have to order full rolls of material when we do (not sure if it's because we're in Canada) but when we order it is for large jobs and we use the majority of it. I think we have ordered about 6-8 of the different colours, some are a thinner product than others but are still pretty manageable.
I'm not too sure about the cost on these as I don't do the pricing for our company.

Chaz