• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transparency in drop Shadow doesn't print with Transparency

Graphics2u

Flexi Pro 10.5 I have a file set up with transparent shadows. On screen looks perfect, black shadow with 50% transparency set. When it prints it's it like the transparency is set at 100%. Still has the blurred edges but it's all black. Doesn't matter if I set the Transparency to 10% or 90%, prints the same way! If I rasterize the whole thing into a bitmap it prints correctly. But that makes for huge files, and besides that point, why doesn't Flexi work! Am I missing something????

FrankW

It could be a problem of the used profile.

Try to change the Rendering Intent for vector graphics and Gradients to the same what is set for Bitmaps (should be perceptual for bitmaps and relative colorimetric for the other things). Or try to use a profile which matches the used media.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Do you have a spot color in the image? Transparency & spot colors do not mix. (The spot color "CutContour" or whatever the cut-line is called counts as a spot color IIRC)

Graphics2u

It could be a problem of the used profile.

Try to change the Rendering Intent for vector graphics and Gradients to the same what is set for Bitmaps (should be perceptual for bitmaps and relative colorimetric for the other things). Or try to use a profile which matches the used media.
I tried changing the Rendering intents on bitmaps and vectors but no difference.

Graphics2u

Here's a pic of the problem. These are on screen views and the resulting prints. First there is a pic of the vector image with the shadow still attached to them and one after I rasterize them into 1 image and the resulting prints below. The second is one of the shadows separated from the vector so that it is simply two bitmaps, and then the two bitmaps rasterized into one.

Weird.

Attachments

• Transpareny1.jpg
    Transpareny1.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 86
  • transparency2.jpg
    transparency2.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 85

Graphics2u

Here's what I get when I check for updates. Says no patches.

Attachments

• update.jpg
    update.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

CS-SignSupply

Interesting.

The next option would be to download the full install file from here: www.flexisign10.com

After downloading, uninstall current version and delete the install directory.

Reboot and install newest downloaded version. I would also recommend installing the new version into a custom directory, i.e. C:/Program Files/SAi/SAi Production Suite 1051/

Rickey J

Interesting.

The next option would be to download the full install file from here: www.flexisign10.com

Reboot and install newest downloaded version. I would also recommend installing the new version into a custom directory, i.e. C:/Program Files/SAi/SAi Production Suite 1051/

I am having the same issue and I am also on Build 1776

Graphics2u

Interesting.

Seems like a lot of work, why won't it show in the updates?

CS-SignSupply

That I can not answer.... hence my 'interesting' comment.

This could only be answered by SAi, which I have contacted and am awaiting their response.