• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transparency in drop Shadow doesn't print with Transparency

Graphics2u

Thanks Rickey J! And Thanks Bobby for helping out. I'll be away from shop for a few days but I will try that as soon as I get back.

todd h

upgrade helped us

i did not post this originally but we were having the same issue and the patch/ upgrade took care of the problem.

thanks bobby!

todd

Graphics2u

Still not totally fixed

Well I update to build 1806, and it helped some but it did not fix it totally.

If you place a shadow with transparency on an object it will now print the transparency. How ever if you have multple shadows in the design the shadow on the lowest layer appears to be the only one that prints correctly. In this picture the top sample is the screen apperance which appears fine, but the bottom two are actual scanned print. As you can see one of the shadows is clearly much darker than the other. So I then moved the object with the darker shadow to the back and printed again. That caused the darker one to be on the other object.

Flexi has replied to me about 4 times by email, all he wanted to know was what kind of file i was printing. By the 4 email I think I finally got him to understand that I was creating the file in flexi and printing through Rip and Print, I never heard from him again and that was 2 weeks ago.

This transparency feature is great, but only if it works.

Attachments

• shadow.jpg
    shadow.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 60

J Hill Designs

yeah I'm thinking that it is because the top shadow is a transparency over spot color - which is a problem in most software, in which I believe the easiest fix is to rasterize before you print