• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transparent Vinyl

Hey Guys an Gals,

I have a client wanting a transparent vinyl as their design is a but intricate to cut out of vinyl. Wondering what people use? Would printing on a gloss lam then laminate it with the same lam work? I don't do to much transparent vinyl prints so not sure what is out there. any help would be greatly appreciated

ikarasu

Using a good cast laminate would work. Like 8518... It does have a slight yellow tint to it though. I wouldn't use a cloudy non optically clear overlam. There's lots of transparent vinyls out there...

Ij40 has a clear, 180 has a clear...

One thing to make note of though, if you dont have the capability to print white ink... If they're putting the decal ontop of any color besides white or glass it's going to look like garbage because ink isn't 100% opaque. So blues will turn purple if they put it over red paint, etc.