• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transparent

steveo922

Hey guys,

Do you know how to export a file that contains some transparency? Whenever you go to export as an illy file or a pdf, it just converts the transparency into a solid color.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

signage

When you rasterize it make a tiff or png! You need to make the Raster something that supports transparent background!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Hey guys,

Do you know how to export a file that contains some transparency? Whenever you go to export as an illy file or a pdf, it just converts the transparency into a solid color.

You're trying to do what, exactly? Export out of Flexi into these formats or importing into Flexi in these formats?

Either way, Flexi pretty much recognizes no transparency but it's own. It's standard practice in this shop to give any bitmap that's supposed to have a transparent part a solid primary color in those spots. Preferably on that doesn't appear anywhere else on the image. Then it's a piece of cake to turn that color transparent in or out of Flexi. Which is what you have to do anyway.

steveo922

I have a brick background and I'm graffittiing (sp? lol) some words on there and want a slight transparent shadow to show.