• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transporting HP L25500 printer

xCROUSEx

We are moving our shop about 4 blocks up the street to a place about double the square footage as we have out grown our location.

I am going to be moving my 60" HP latex printer and wanted to see if you guys know of some specific things I should know before doing this?

I plan to rent a U-Haul with a ramp and roll it into the truck.

I am obviously concerned about messing something up so wanted any wisdom on transporting this that you guys may have...

Thanks for the help

tattoo.dan

Not really a whole lot to it. We have moved 2 times to larger buildings. I had a uhaul with a lift gate before and a JV3 to move..I taped the head over on that and tied printer down in uhaul. When we moved from our last location to current location I had the HP...I think I just unplugged it and rolled it up in an enclosed trailer, locked the wheels and packed the rest of the load around it... That was about a 20 block move so....

I think if you just use common sense you should be fine...from my experience

ProWraps

we bought our third out of florida and had to hire a moving company to send it out cause the crate was so wide. they pushed it up a ramp and shipped it across the country.

since then ive put about 40k sq/ft through it with no problems. they are pretty resiliant little suckers.

i think you will have no problems.

it took us a LONG time to finally get a shipper and it was about two months in the crate.

the joy of latex is nothing dried up.

load it, move it and start printing!

FrankW

We are HP-dealers (Z-, T- and L up to 280 (L28500)) in switzerland. We assemble all printers we sell in our workshop and deliver them in working condition with own vans.

Things to take care of:

On the right front part of the foot is a plastic part mounted by one screw. This plastic part is connected to the printer with a spiral cable, because it's a part of the sensor of the take-up-unit. This plastic part needs to be removed because it blocks one roller. DO NOT disconnect or reconnect this cable while the printer is on. Shut the printer down with the main power switch at the back of the machine before disconnecting and reconnecting.

Take care of the waste ink tank. Sometimes it moves a little bit what could lead to ink spill when the printer is running again. Be shure that box is correctly set before booting up the printer.