• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

travel printer

waximoff

I'm trying to find a printer to bring with me on the road to events. I have a valuejet 1204 at the house but don't want to bring that. I'm only planning on printing onto a 24'' heat press material.
Does anyone know of a digital eco-sol printer that is small enough to travel with that accepts about a 24'' max width?

Artildawn

I think the mimaki CJV 30/60 might be slightly smaller, but the roland comes in at a lower price i believe.

waximoff

what about something like an HP130 (c7791c) would that work for the "Specialty Material color print" line of printable heat press material? Seems like a hell of a deal if that ink would work, at a 1300.00 price tag vs. the suggested CJV30/60 at 15k.....

Anyone know if this would work? I already have my plotter in the trailer so I would just need a printer..

Artildawn

It's a thermal inkjet not an solvent printer though. Maybe we should ask what you're trying to produce?

There are heat transfer materials for any type of printer. Joto comes to mind as one that makes transfer sheets for laser, inkjet, and dysublimation printers. I've had fun with their laser printable materials for short term stuff.

waximoff

trying to do mx jerseys and some one off custom shirts that people can pick and choose which mx logos to add on. I see that "specialty material" makes some sheet material and that's what I've been using on my valuejet, great results so far!

TresL

Which material are you using for Jersey's?

I don't think sub-dye would be the way to go for MX.
as you need to cover up the stock print on the shirt.

jkkt

Not sure the roland would be a good choice to constantly travel with. All those bumps on the road would not be good for it. And if your hitting mx tracks there are a lot of bumps.

Can you post a picture of what you are trying to do, lots of different options out there.