• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Treading lightly... Avery reflective thoughts

letterman7

Hi gang,
I've got a job that is requiring an odd reflective color - burgundy, to be exact. Too much to print, lam and cut, so I started looking outside of 3M, FDC and Oracal, all of which don't offer a burgundy reflective. The first one that came up was Avery.. and available locally at my resellers. Now, having been burned with the great Avery fiasco of years past, I've never touched Avery films again, but unless there is another, more "reliable" vinyl manufacturer that everyone could recommend, I may have to go the A route. Thoughts on the current crop of Avery stock, specifically the reflective? Any other manufacturers recommended over them?

Rick

sinetist

I've used most of the other colors (red, white, green, yellow, orange and black) of Avery reflective with no problems at all.

Jillbeans

Can the supplier verify that this is fresh stock? Seems kind of weird that they'd have an obscure color like burgundy reflective just laying around.
I was so badly burned by Avery that I'll never buy anything from them again (even if they gave it to me for free)
I want to say that as late as 2009 I got bad Avery reflective roll striping via a supplier.
Failed within a week of application.

Could you outsource the job to a printer who could print on reflective?
Good luck.
Love....Jill

PS
Whatever happened to the Downington Diner?

letterman7

Both Advantage and Beacon carry the burgundy, Jill. Advantage is far closer to me that I frequently stop in for materials - I can check to see if there is a date stamp on the rolls. I have a printer, but there will be too much to print and laminate economically (it's a fleet job).

Downingtown Diner is still here - just a different name! Viva la Blob!

Sinetist - thank you for that. Gives me a smidgeon more confidence if the rolls are fresh.