• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tree Vector

Anyone know where I can find this tree as a vector.. i really don't want to have to recreate it

Attachments

• Tree.JPG
    Tree.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 456

Old Timer

Anyone know where I can find this tree as a vector.. i really don't want to have to recreate it
There is a free software program to download called inkscape. once installed you can open the jpeg, trace bitmap, save as .eps, open in Illustrator and you have your vector. Some good results, some need clean up

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
No autotrace program out there will produce anything good from this. You need some human to work on it. On a job like this I would use the pencil tool instead of the pen tool in illustrator and go along the edges of the leaves and trace it wobbly to try and replicate the look of tree details. Like what I did here real quick as an example. A tablet is perfect for this type of work

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 10.05.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 10.05.23 AM.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
No autotrace program out there will produce anything good from this. You need some human to work on it. On a job like this I would use the pencil tool instead of the pen tool in illustrator and go along the edges of the leaves and trace it wobbly to try and replicate the look of tree details. Like what I did here real quick as an example. A tablet is perfect for this type of work
Thank you so much! That's great advice

JimmyG

...... On a job like this I would use the pencil tool instead of the pen tool in illustrator and go along the edges of the leaves and trace it wobbly to try and replicate the look of tree details. Like what I did here real quick as an example.
.....A tablet is perfect for this type of work
What brand of tablet and model # do you use or can recommend?

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
What brand of tablet and model # do you use or can recommend?

I have only used Wacom. The one I have is an old Intuos 3 that is been very reliable for over 10 years. I have read the newer ones have a rougher surface that wears down nibs quickly. There are other cheaper tablets but I have never used them to comment

JimmyG

Thanks Doctor...I have the wacom intuos pro large that I recently got with a corel draw bundle but haven't tried it yet with anything like what you illustrate above...Methinks maybe I should.
I was wondering if you had one with a touch screen and just wondering the screen tablet are easier to use.....

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
If you've never used one before don't give up on it. Anyone that has spent most of their life using a mouse will dislike a tablet at first but once you get accustomed to it you will never want to use a mouse and your wrists will feel better in the long run

jfiscus

Rap Master
Definitely Wacom, I've tried the cheaper larger ones and they're just too glitchy. Went back to Wacom.