• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tri panel advertising truck

tsgstl

A customer of mine in Chicago bought a truck with advertising space on all four sides. Its basically a box truck with 15 or so 4"x10' (depending on which side) strips that flip x3 so you can advertise 3 different things. I have seen similar things as poster cases at the movies. I'm in St. Louis and have never seen one of these before. I was told it was a banner truck before I got up there to help advise installation. This thing looks like a gigantic headache but that is besides the point. There is inconsistent spacing between each panel. And the panels appear to be similar to a vertical blind material or smooth siding.
My question: If you have used something similar to this, is it easier to install on the vehicle and trim out the spacing? Or is there some kind of clever technique to take the panels off and install them on the table? And removal looks like a nightmare. Should I suggest easily removable low tack adhesive?

EDIT: the back side of the panels are not flat. They have the track running down the center.

tsgstl

That would explain why I can't find any info online about these. But I'm not even sure what to call it. It doesn't appear to be custom but if it was done well I guess it wouldn't. I do know he bought it used and I don't believe the seller had any knowledge.

My best advise would be to apply the vinyl on the truck. Separate each panel while it is mounted. The remove each panel, flip over, trim edges.
Use a low tack adhesive. It just seems like a waste of time.

Craig Sjoquist

We have a company here that drives those around. Not sure if they make any real money but have been around for years.

Apply vinyl on flat surface flats cut, apply next flat surface cut, apply 3 surface cut.

removable vinyl so when it gets thick or after each one remove.