• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Triangle eco-solvent ink

gixxer2004

I noticed Advantage Sign supply is carrying the new Triangle eco solvent mimaki jv33 ink for $65 a cartridge. Did anyone try it out yet? I am anxious to hear how it dries, adheres to the vinyl and the odor. I know it just came out a few months ago so its hard to see how it is holding up in the weather.

macosman

run away

I was down for 5 weeks when I switched to Triangle. They sent a buffoon of a "tech", that my attorney found through discovery wasn't even a certified tech, but a "friend of the owner" who was trying to help out.

Worst experience you could imagine. run away. fast.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I doubt seriously that the original poster has any care about this being over two years ago. On your experience it was obviously not a good one. Who exactly sent the buffoon of a tech? Your dealer or Triangle?

I know this much for fact..... There many many shops that run Triangle inks every day and have been for years. Us included and not having any issues. For a very short period of time several years ago we were using cartridges (we use the 2 liter per color eco-bulk system of theirs now) they did have a run of sorta defective cartridges. It was not a problem with the ink though, the tab that pops out the side that tells the printer the cartridge is empty was misaligned. They took care of the issue though. Even the one time I needed to get our bulk system chip module updated, the service was incredibly quick.

That being said - if you are not going through several cartridges or more per month then staying with OEM ink might be the best solution. Also keep in mind that on the internet those who are working away and happy are the lest vocal. As such its generally much easier to find the rare few who are having issues that the many more who are happy.