• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

triangle in question?

decaljunkie

Hello,i have a mutoh falcon outdoor ll 64" printer and my local sign supplier no longer stocks mutoh ink the only thing the carry that is compatible for a mutoh is triangle ink. but it is for mutoh value jet printers, i have a mutoh falcon outdoor ll. and the sales rep is not sure if the triangle ink will work on my printer. so i thought i would ask if anyone that has a mutoh fALCON outdoor ll has tried to use triangle inks and did it work? the chip on the ink looks the same. thanks :help

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Triangle does not list any Falcon models...... that being said if the Mutoh Valuejet uses the exact same OEM Mutoh ink then I'd say it would work. If they use different OEM Mutoh inks then it's probable that it would not work.

Many many brands and models of wide format inkjets all use the exact same style cartridge and chip. The data on the chip and the specific ink formulations differ greatly though. Cartridges for my Mimaki are identical to ones used in a Roland, and Epson printers. They will plug right in but they will not work. I'm guessing they are most likely also identical in appearance to what your Mutoh uses.

I'd pull the specs for both Mutoh models and see if they use the exact same part number for their OEM inks.

An interesting one I'm watching a little is Bordeaux just introduced water based latex ink for piezo printhead machines. Supposedly with far lower curing temps (like Mimaki's latex) that can be used in current solvent ink machines. I'm sure not going to be the guinea pig but I'm definitely keeping an ear out for when someone does give it a go in their solvent machine. There is also Sepiax which I have heard more horror stories of those attempting to convert a solvent machine to than those who have it working in their machines. There have been a few who have said they have converted a solvent machine to it though and it's working well for them.

eRuiz

The Falcon II is also called the Rockhopper II. I see on the Triangle site that they have Mild Solvent Inks for the Rockhopper II > http://www.inxdigital.com/alternative.aspx?capitle=select_print&product=7&sub_category=ink
I know the Valuejet also uses the same inks, but not too sure if the chip and cartridges are compatible.
By the way, why don't you look for a new supplier? These Eco-Solvent Ultra inks are still being made. I buy them often for the Mutoh Toucan LT and these are compatible with the Falcon II. I know because I have both, although my Falcon has died. Also, I've only ever had problems trying to use 3rd party inks in these older Mutoh printers. Well, keep us posted if you use Triangle. If they work and the price is right maybe I'll convert too!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Having wrangled both a Falcon and a Value Jet, the only physical difference in cartridges would appear to be that the Value Jet edition has a smart card pasted to it and the Falcon does not. The Falcon cartridge doesn't use that, or any other, technology. Other than the card, the actual cartridges appear identical. The inks in either should be identical as well. This opinion is not the result of intensive inspection, merely casual observation.

That being the case one might just naturally assume that a Value Jet cartridge will work in a Falcon but a Falcon cartridge, lacking the smart card, would not work in a Value jet.

wunder

I`m not a triangle fan....we have different customer they use there Inks on various machines....like RHII, MImaki JV-SERIES and all have from time to time with different charge of Inks trouble. Heads clogging, Drying Problems cant print with full speed a.s.o. so we change the Inks to NAZDAR/LYSON INks....and all fine.

INks (Eco-Ultra-Solvent a.s.o) never Use from Triangle, Marabu or Bordeaux

best regards
wunder