• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Triangle Ink and Nozzel Clog??

Gfx Signs

Hello I have a Roland Versa Camm 540i bought in 2010. I switched to Triangle ink about 6 months ago. I switched the Black First. then replaced as I ran out of the rest as the manufacture suggested.

Well Recently I have experienced a clogged Black head. After several Medium Cleaning cyles I tried a Test Print,,, I am not able to get the head to print any better.

Has anyone seen similar issues with the Triangle Ink??

Thanks

cdiesel

If you're doing cleanings and not seeing a change in the test print, you most likely have a bad cap top.

Don't be so quick to blame the ink, as this is most likely just a dirty head! :)

Gfx Signs

Hmmm. Good thought.. I guess I'm a little paranoid... They just had a recall on their Black... Reason = "A Chemical Shift" But wouldn't elaborate or indicate a print or hardware issue..

Thanks

artbot

my mimaki is "less clogged" then ever using triangle. swab the cap tops with butyl carbitol every night, clean off the wiper and i can "not print" for days or weeks and it's ready to go like a canon. if you have good suction (wet cap tops) and clean pumps triangle will no let you down.

sfr table hockey

Hello I have a Roland Versa Camm 540i bought in 2010. I switched to Triangle ink about 6 months ago. I switched the Black First. then replaced as I ran out of the rest as the manufacture suggested.

Well Recently I have experienced a clogged Black head. After several Medium Cleaning cyles I tried a Test Print,,, I am not able to get the head to print any better.

Has anyone seen similar issues with the Triangle Ink??

Thanks

Make sure the Black head's drain line is not blocked as if it is then you won't get ink into that head.

cdiesel

Triangle also recommends a few drops of solvent down the cap tops at cleanings to keep the pump lines open.

Gfx Signs

Cleaned the caps and checked the lines...
Lines were clear... Cap tops had some buildup...
once the tops were cleaned and ran a Med Clean all is well again..

Thanks for all your help..
GFX Signs