• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Triangle Ink Cartridges: good or bad?

I've used Triangle inks for quite some time when I worked for someone else and have always had good service with them.

I've been debating about switching to their inks for my JV33, in fact I have a conversion kit sitting in my office, but I've been having some second thoughts. It sounds like some people are having great success and some are having a lot of headaches.

What's the deal? I've read through some of the post, some people are complaining that the printer will not recognize the cartridges or they are having trouble with it detecting when a cartridge is empty or both. While others aren't seeming to have any issues. Why the discrepancy? Is it firmware or some sort of modification? Does the ink work better in a JV3 than a JV33?

Saving money on ink is important but having the printer run reliably is more important.

Thanks for the input,
Chris

einsteingraphic

Different machines and firmware between machines will effect the reading of the cards. Some machines you can shut off the card reader with certain firmware.

inkmed

3rd part will save cost more than half.
And if you use 3rd parts ink with ICC profiles, the printing result is not bad.

abc-storage

I use Digitl Inks made over in the UK. I didn't need to flush or reprofile and have been using them for over 6 months now. - that's in a jv3 160sp though. they do have ink for the jv33
I get them for $79.99

R08

I'm also considering Triangle but I'm in Canada and can't seem to locate a Canadian distributor and they are not answering my emails. Doesn't look good for me.

Dice

Triangle now sells cartridges for the JV33, 30% cheaper than what we buy our OEM inks at. About to try them out soon.

From checking them out at the show, they really print nice. They had a JV33 running on their cartridges.

If the cartridges work out, we'll consider consider going to the full bulk system. I think it will save another 15% or so.

I don't think many JV33 users are using Bulk systems because they are all under warranty and Mimaki refuses to honor warranties on machines not using their inks. We've been told by 2 dealers now. Even the ones that sell triangle say this. They force their dealers to do so.

Triangle ink is better, Mimaki admitted this to us at the show, brighter yellows. You will need to re profile.

particleman

We spoke with triangle at the ISA show. Both of our JV3s have used triangle for years now. Within the next few weeks we are going to switch over our JV5 to the triangle JVV ink. I think we are going to start out on the cartidges and move over to the bulk system. Out of all of our digital printers the triangle ink in our JV3s gets us the widest gamut of colors, hopefully the JVV ink will be the same way.

Jack Knight1979

I had a decent relationship with Triangle, then it hit a wall. Triangle burned up a head or two every year on my Roland no doubt about it.

I saved a ton of loot though, so I didn't care. When my printer totally stopped working I had a problem.

I flushed and went with OEM and worked perfect again.

I'm now using Solaris with ZERO problems. Love 'em.

inkmed

$79.99 for each liter?
so high price!

:omg2:

Adam Yang
Inkmed

I use Digitl Inks made over in the UK. I didn't need to flush or reprofile and have been using them for over 6 months now. - that's in a jv3 160sp though. they do have ink for the jv33
I get them for $79.99