• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Triangle inks??

cdiesel

I know Graphixtreme is running triangle inks in his Vcamm, but is anyone running them in the Pro III yet? Our volume's getting high enough to where I'm getting very interested in going with a bulk system. I had to pull two 440cc ink carts that weren't *quite* empty today before I left the shop because the machine had another forty feet to print. If I had the bulk system I could just top off the reservoirs and not worry about it..

Any thoughts?

Columbia Signs

Not sure, but I think they are true solvent inks and the machine will need to be cleaned much more.

If they are anything like what we used in our old Arizona 180, then it was a lot of cleaning.... every day!

Chris,

There are some very interesting things happening at Nazdar. One thing that is very notable is that their inks seem to have the ability to dry/cure faster. This comes from a write-up that I read several months ago. Triangle is good but they are no longer the only game in town.

ChicagoGraphics

Doesn't your Roland pause when your just about out of ink, and then resume after you put a new cart in? If it doesn't that sucks, you shouldn't pull your carts out just before they are completely empty, it's a good way of getting air into your lines, then you have real problems and a mess.

high impact

We are running a bulk ink system with triangle mld in our versacamm as well.

I found profiling was a pain but the ink holds up very well and having the bulk system has been great for refilling. As far as I know the ink has not caused me to have to clean any more than anyone else.

Only issues other than maintenance I've had was my pump went bad about a year into using them. Replaced it and it has been fine so I can't attribute that to the ink. My black head went bad a few weeks ago but that is from a head strike.

mark in tx

I've been using the Triangle inks for almost 2 years now.
I can't say enough how much I like them, and compared to the eco-sol prints, the Triangle ink blows everything away.
Had my system profiled professionally, well worth the money spent.

I've been using the Triangle inks for almost 2 years now.
I can't say enough how much I like them, and compared to the eco-sol prints, the Triangle ink blows everything away.
Had my system profiled professionally, well worth the money spent.

Hey mark who did the profiling for you?? I´m looking to to get someone to profile my printer.

ChiknNutz

This is something that you can be told how to do, if you're willing to buy the related equipment (spectrophotometer) and if your RIP allows you to create profiles with it. Still better is to get training AND have the equipment so you can make profiles for all your media current and future.

cdiesel

Thanks for your input, guys. The Pro III does stop and tell you to replace the ink cart, but when you're printing at night when no-one's around...
Another large factor we're considering is cost. The system costs around $1200, but that includes ink! A set of ink costs us $1200 now!
Also, our dealer is supporting/warranting the machine still, which gives us a lot of peace of mind.
My main concern is profiling. We're running the profiles put together by Oracal mostly, and they're great. I don't have time or the desire to do profiles in house, so I'd be very interested to see who did yours Mark, and what it set you back.

wes13

bulk ink is awesome!, I hated having to change out those little cartridges that only hold a few drops of ink on a weekly basis.

cdiesel

A couple of weeks ago I was able to compare our roland ink prints to some from the triangle system. The coloring was a *little* off and detail seemed to be less with the triangle set. Both were printed using the same Oracal profiles we usually use. All in all, I believe the differences are minimal and acceptable for the $$$ savings. I went ahead a pulled the trigger and ordered the bulk system, which as soon as I run the current set of inks down a little bit I'll have it installed. Thanks to everyone for your input!

Ken

Hi Chris..let us know how that goes. I'm lookin in the same direction.
Thanks ..Ken

jayhawksigns

We had the Triangle system installed from day one on our JV3 as well. It was something that we just knew from the start we were going to do, haven't regretted it yet.