• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Triangle Inks

TNT

I have a XC 540. Is anyone using the Triangle inks? If so what is your opinion.
I have been a strict Eco-sol MAX person for the last 6 years. But like everyone else I am trying to save a buck.

Custom_Grafx

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56148

Found this for you - was pretty informative. I learnt a couple of things myself.

I'm an OEM user - I don't use enough to justify switching over. I'm also suspicious after reading the thread above, that if the ink has a higher solvent content - then it could shorten the lifespan of the printheads. there are then also issues with warranty and the such. I think if you know what you're doing (techwise) then maybe give it a shot, otherwise could be more pain than glory.

Jack Knight1979

The guys at triangle are jerks. When I had problems they didn't care.
I had them often. You'll burn through one to two heads a year. Suffer ink fade and your machine will go down when you need it most.

I dropped triangle after my machine was down for a month w/ no help from Triangle.

I'm been using Solaris since and the ink just as good as OEM. Cheaper, works perfect and they are a great group of people if you need help.

I've never had one issue with the ink in a year and a half.
I had daily to weekly issues with Triangle ink in my machine.

All that being said Triangle is now offering Eco Inks. Who knows. Maybe the inks work. I'll never use them again.

banner

triangle

The triangle is used in one in five large format digital printers in the world, different inks were developed for each type of print head, and truth are not like other brands that speak and do not prove.

I have a Roland Pro III XC-540 and use Triangle MLD since the second month with the machine have converted the other two and I had no issue ma if you want to have a list of paints that give you trouble if you use.

You can use the profiles of the media manufacturers or edit the generic balancing the amount of ink that oddly enough, consumption is slightly lower in marriage roland, triangle and MLD 3m

banner

The guys at triangle are jerks. When I had problems they didn't care.
I had them often. You'll burn through one to two heads a year. Suffer ink fade and your machine will go down when you need it most.

I dropped triangle after my machine was down for a month w/ no help from Triangle.

I'm been using Solaris since and the ink just as good as OEM. Cheaper, works perfect and they are a great group of people if you need help.

I've never had one issue with the ink in a year and a half.
I had daily to weekly issues with Triangle ink in my machine.

All that being said Triangle is now offering Eco Inks. Who knows. Maybe the inks work. I'll never use them again.

The Roland grants you the print head in some cases and is a great difficulty for you to achieve the exchange, in case you lose the warranty guarantee on every part where the ink passes, pipe and so on.

Gene@mpls

Triangle is mild solvent ink- between eco and full solv. It is cheaper,
more durable and color gamut is better, Have used it in two machines
from new for 6 years and replaced one black head. You will have to
profile- and I cannot speak to switching from Roland to Triangle being
a problem- they provide a liter of solvent- I would use it. If you are
using any solvent (including eco) without venting you are delusional.

Paper&co

I used triangle and it was terrorific. It melted my printer, pipes, heads... everything clogged.

Triangle is not a good ink for xc540. There are other alternative inks that work well, I had been using alternative inks for 2 years with no serious problem about ink.