• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trick to lay down parking sign?

TammieH

+1 on silkscreening these...its a no brainer.

A shop that is set up to screen can knock these out, with set up, in less than 2 hours

printpros_au

It is kind of obvious that anyone would shear cut a full sheet, screen print, flatbed and even outsource but I'm pretty sure the question was a "this is what I've got, how would you go about it" approach. It isn't really that hard to work out from the question that these other methods weren't options...

SIGNTIME

It is kind of obvious that anyone would shear cut a full sheet, screen print, flatbed and even outsource but I'm pretty sure the question was a "this is what I've got, how would you go about it" approach. It isn't really that hard to work out from the question that these other methods weren't options...

if the op is printing them which was said then the assumption is they have a laminator so mounting with that is the easiest IMO and i would think any sign shop with a printer and laminator would have a way to cut down ridgid substrates either a shear, panel saw, track saw, keencut...

printpros_au

if the op is printing them which was said then the assumption is they have a laminator so mounting with that is the easiest IMO and i would think any sign shop with a printer and laminator would have a way to cut down ridgid substrates either a shear, panel saw, track saw, keencut...
I don't believe there has yet been a suggestion to use a laminator to mount, and if there had been it still was not relevant to what I said. Neither is the substrate cutting methods. Not only that, it wasn't the question. The question reads the substrate material available is already cut to the size of the individual sign.

TammieH

Most shops aren't... I bet if you did a poll of shops on here that have screen printing capabilities (sign related, not apparel) it would be less than 10%.

Yes I know, we silkscreen here, but our screener fell a couple months ago, doubtful he will be back,

I can screen, but I would rather eat a mouthful of live hornets.

The replacement we hired is a vinyl pro...

So who knows, we may be one of those shops that does not do their own silkscreening....