• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tricking the plotter to save material on contour cuts

g&eprinting

When I am using a 24 inch material for t shirts and I need crop marks on either side I get the right side right crop mark right on the edge and leave half inch on the left side for pinch roller.

Then when loading into plotter with 3 pinch rollers I put the first pinch roller on the right side to the right of the crop mark not even touching the material at all and the middle one just to the left of first crop mark and the last in proper position.

Saves me a lot of material when I have a design 11 inches wide and maybe 14 long and I don't want to print them sideways instead of standing straight up because the space needed for crop marks.

You could also do this with that sticky mylar transfer sheet and get both crop marks as close to edge as possible.