• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tricks to remove minor scratches from Brushed Aluminum

blacknbart

I have some lettering the was routed out of Brushed aluminum & 1/2'' Sintra. One of the letters has some minor scratches on the brushed Aluminum face.

Is there any tricks of the trade out there to fix the scratches so it's not so visible. Sand paper, Wire brush, Silver cream, Polish???

Thanks for your input:help!!

visual800

I would imagine whatever you do you would have to do it to all as to match, Im just saying I would try wool and wet sand, if it jacked it up just order or produce another

earplug

"Brushed" is in reality nothing but very fine directional scratches in the surface. One you remove the "bad" scratches" you would need to replace the "brushed" look. Without the proper equipment it will be nearly impossible to match.

Also, if there is any finish or clear coat, that will complicate the project.

blacknbart

Yup! It's looking pretty bad

Back to the cutting machine!!! I tried steel wool and sand paper to no avail.

The customer pulled a fast one on my boss and I and made us take all the lettering back to the shop for a re-work. This is after we had it stuck to the wall. My boss is frustration packed the lettering haphazardly back into their box. The damaged happen during the travel back from the job site. A real bummer and a slight nightmare job.

Thanks for the input!!!