• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tricky design for a pickup truck

Stormyj

Just another guy
A little stumped on a design for this truck. Its a Dodge 3500 and with the fender wells and large emblems, leaves very little space for any graphics, unless I install under the truck emblems. I kind of layed it out, but I think it looks pretty boring. Any suggestions??

Jim 3500.jpg

ps. and, thats all the info he wants on it. as of the moment.

OldPaint

BAAAAAAAAAAAAD........ so much not good. the LOGO? THE BLUE ON THE RED??? is it crooked? miller marine....why is miller in blue? the phone number way to big....try it on the front fender or where the millermarine is.......i understand the problem with laying vinyl on all that compound curves....but that is the least of your problems......in this layout

Stormyj

Just another guy
Yea, I know. :) Its not really the curves on the truck, I can handle that, I just want to make sure you can read the lettering after install, and with that big 3500 emblem, it leaves little room to place logo. The logo is tilted on purpose, customer wants. Colors are customers also.

OldPaint

can you explain to him the reason why BLUE ON RED is a no-no???? do some digging on this.....black on red is not good , but better then the blue on red... if hes stuck with the blues...YOU NEED TO ADD white separation between the RED & BLUE!!! sorta like this...

Attachments

• mmtext.jpg
    mmtext.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 86

Stormyj

Just another guy
Yea, I tried the white outlines, but feel it even adds more busy vibrations. Added a pic and changed some text around. Ill try it in white also. truck example outline4.jpg truck example outline5.jpg

DigiPrinter

Move the logo up to the window (make if perf if you need to), move the website towards the rear of the bed with the phone number (phone number on top with website underneath.....they don't have to be huge). Keep it simple in my opinion if it's not a full blown wrap.

Craig Sjoquist

Myself I like the blue & white logo, also liked the big phone if in white but not a fan of area code so strong, Also liked the dot com part in 2 colors like white & light blue, although I would tighten up the distance between each meaning logo,dot com & phone also like the phone on back cause it is big as the dot com

The who & what is the logo the where is the phone & dot com that is all ya need if that much.

Zx360

Remove the stupid emblems, move the logo to the drivers door and sell him on a solid white stripe skirting the bottom of the truck if he's stuck on the blue text for the web.

visual800

Snatch the emblems off. Secondly NEVER worry about handles or other stuff getting in the way of your logo and lettering. When you stand back you will still grasp it. When you avoid the obstructions your lettering will not flow