• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tricky Problem with the Cut Contour...

Zazzess

Hi !!

I work with Ai to make my logos and then transfer .eps files to Roland.
I use the Cut Contour but for the second time it doesn't work in Roland.
Normally I see a grey line where the cut contour is and a blinking dashed line in the edit section. But it isn't there. The first time it happened I had to copy/paste my logo in a new document in Ai but in that case it doesn't work either. What else can I do ?

Please Help me :D

Thanks !

:U Rock:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Did you use transparency in Illustrator? It conflicts with VersaWorks CutContour. Flatten transparency if you did and that should take care of it.

Zazzess

!

You are an angel !

I try this right now !

I did light effects and form gradient...

I'm not use to flatten my work because I'm new here and am a bit affraid of ruining my work...

Thanks for your help !

I'll be back with the results :goodpost:

Zazzess

I just found out how flatten works...

:covereyes:Oh dear !
I see its gonna be I try thing before I can flatten the right way :) :help

Zazzess

Not working ! What is happening ??

Did you use transparency in Illustrator? It conflicts with VersaWorks CutContour. Flatten transparency if you did and that should take care of it.

Hey !

Finally I took no chance and I selected all and flatten transparency.

But it's not working ?

What am I doing wrong ?

:help

Bigdawg

Just Me
Hmmmm... first - always save an unflattened copy...

You can also - depending on teh size - try rasterizing everything but the cut line... without seeing the file I'm not sure.

And your CutContour is spelled exactly like I just did (one word, cap C's) and is defined as a spot color... right??

sfr table hockey

Stacy, I don't use VW but if she flattened everything including the cut line would that have worked? She may need to re set the cut line if that was the case.

Sorry just seen you actually already said that.

Last edited:

Zazzess

thanks for helping

Hmmmm... first - always save an unflattened copy...

You can also - depending on teh size - try rasterizing everything but the cut line... without seeing the file I'm not sure.

And your CutContour is spelled exactly like I just did (one word, cap C's) and is defined as a spot color... right??

Exactly the CutContour is coming right from the RV cd. By the way, there's an error that appears when I save the work saying that spot colors vs transparencies does unsuspected results (something like that).

Size of the file : 9,514 KB
3 Logo size : 1= 44''/7'' 2 others= 26''/7''

Does that help ?

:notworthy:

Zazzess

Well I still try to make it right ...

I think that rasterizing helps.
But now I see a little bit of pink surrounding only a part of my logo in the VW.

I know its suppose to be grey and to be a blinking dashed line in edit mode...
But its not...

What else can I do ?

Please help !

and thanks for your help !

:covereyes:

routierracing

Ive encountered this several times. Mostly with really large files. Usually the problem is just the transparency thing. But sometimes for no reason at all it wont pick up the cut path. I've even resaved without changing a thing and all the sudden it works. your guess is as good as mine as why.

Sticky Signs

Flatten everything but the cut line. I usually uncheck "preserve spot colors" in the save as eps menu.
make sure the cut line is set to 0.25

If that doesn't work, it's possible that there's an issue with the cut line. you can try "make compound path"

Copy and paste into a new document sometimes does the trick too.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Try this. Go back to your original artwork. Instead of flattening it... rasterize everything but the cutline. Then try to rip....

Zazzess

Thank you so much for helping !!

:U Rock: Guys thanks for helping I take your suggestions and support.

Be back with the results :) Thanks again :)

routierracing

Another thing I've seen (correct me if I'm wrong) when I've rescaled something that was stroked with the cut path, that stroke's wieght will change with the resize. So I select that path and make it 1 pt.

Zazzess

I did

Try this. Go back to your original artwork. Instead of flattening it... rasterize everything but the cutline. Then try to rip....

HEy !

Its the first thing I did when you talked about rasterizing :)

All I see that is new is a lil' pink part of contour...

Still trying things :)

:goodpost: :thankyou:

Zazzess

Out for Lunch BRB

Thanks for helping me !

I might stop for lunch so it would be easier to find new solutions :)

BRB

:U Rock: