• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trimmer ???????????????????????

KevSign

same here almost 8yr in business. Properly don't need for now.
Most we are focus on printer and print quality.

Ragin Cajun

I know anyone can get by with anything...But would it make your job easier?

I have been a photographer for over 25 years...I can get buy with a smaller digital camera...but I get the right tool for the job....whatever it takes to make your job easier and faster and better!

Cyw

It was pricey but I really, really, really like my Roland cutter/trimmer.
The magnetic hold down is great and it saves a lot of time (and looks a heck of a lot better) than manually cutting with an xacto

Cyw

That one looks very nice

Here's the Roland I use
http://www.rolanddga.com/products/trimmers/VersaCut/features.asp

We don't do mega high volume like some folks here do, but I do a fair amount of decal and transfer work that we ship to customers
Manually cutting looked very unprofessional
So we reluctantly spent the $$$$ to buy a glorified paper cutter

I've never looked back and have never regretted the purchase.

Ragin Cajun

That one looks very nice

Here's the Roland I use
http://www.rolanddga.com/products/trimmers/VersaCut/features.asp

We don't do mega high volume like some folks here do, but I do a fair amount of decal and transfer work that we ship to customers
Manually cutting looked very unprofessional
So we reluctantly spent the $$$$ to buy a glorified paper cutter

I've never looked back and have never regretted the purchase.

Thanks so much!

Roland makes nice equipment.

I got my Roland VS 640 last week...My dad was in the hospital...so I had to tend to him..did not get to play much.

I printed a 16X20 of one of my photographs...WOW!

Can't wait to start using it regularly.

Letterbox Mike

To answer your original question, the Sabre cutter you are looking at is great. We have several different lengths and use them to cut lots of rigid substrates (well, soft ones like foamcore, PVC, etc). We don't care for them for trimming prints, far too cumbersome. For that you can't beat a good set of high quality rulers and a sharp Xacto knife or utility knife.

Mainframe

Check out those purple safety rulers the sign suppliers sell. They are expensive but will pay for themselves quickly. And like the Big Squeegee, you can't own just one.

boxerbay

we have the keencut evolution 104" on the big bench and it has increased production and quality of cuts tenfold. When you get that 50 posters on foamboard job you will thank yourself for having one. all cuts super straight and at a 90' angle. if you try freehanding with straight edge your wrist will fatigue and your cuts will get sloppy after about 5 units. also great for cutting posters. We run full rolls of 18x24 prints and slice them up quickly.
http://www.keencut.com/uk/products/cutter-bars/evolution.aspx

Conor Knoxx

I think it depends what you want to trim?
For substrates as light as coro but up 3mm Alupanel - I recently got a Fletcher FSC.
It changed my life.... I just sorry I waited so long to get one!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have a 124" Keen which is absolutely great and a Fletcher FSC which cuts any-and-everything up to .080 aluminum including 1/4" alumalite or 1/2" PVC..... which is also fantastic.

Jack Knight1979

Ruler + Xacto, Image Edge, Fotoba WR

I used the ruler and knife for about five years, then bought an image edge, which is a great tool. I eventually grew to hate coming into work and started to fear large orders because of finishing time. I bought a fotoba and now I laugh every time I finish a entire roll of material in about 10-15 minutes.