• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Triple Boat Striping

bfgoodbrush

My friction fed plotter is doing horrible on cutting a 15' long triple stripe. Can anyone help me, and possibly lead me to an easier solution ?? Thanks in advance !!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Cut it by hand. :banghead:

Get yourself a straight edge, a sharp knife and cut along the outer edge of the straight edge and be careful not to cut the tips of your fingers off while gliding along. Pay close attention so your knife doesn't wander and make for a wiggily cut.

Cutting a few stripes by hand is very rewarding and somewhat therapeutic.... all in one.

Snydo

Horrible how? points aren't quite matching up? vinyl is moving left or right? any decent plotter should be able to track 15'. See if your pinch rollers have tensioners that could be adjusted, maybe you have one side set to low, or high.

A little more info would help.

jfiscus

Rap Master
If you do a lot of striping look into picking up a sprocket-fed plotter like a Gerber. They are awesome for cutting long striping.

I have found that how the vinyl roll is resting on the plotter rollers is very important for straight tracking on our plotters here, and using the spool holders really improves performance.
However, multiple long cuts like yours (15' ea x at least 6, right?) can cause the vinyl to walk a little bit, and with thin striping any little bit seems like a lot.