• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Triple Ink on FB700

dexter

We've recently had a customer bring in some panels of glass that they'd like to have us reproduce for them. From what they're telling us, their previous, American supplier, had used a triple pass of ink to get the desired opacity.

Is there any way to do this on the FB700?

We're currently using Caldera and the setting we'd use for any backlit we print on this machine is the 1200x600 Max DPI - Saturated (I'd assume somewhere in the realm of a double pass). Is there any way to lay down more ink than that?

Thanks in advance!

Hotspur

You can re-profile and ensure that your ink limits are set to max but there is little point as it will increase opacity a small amount and may cause other issues like banding.

With these printers you simply put the same sheet back through the printer multiple times.

The trick with these is to have one file printing multiple copies and keep putting the same copy back through - it's how some "brail" type effects are achieved.

To do this accurately on your printer you need to omit the first print as this is always slightly mis-registered Vs the rest of the following copies.

i.e print the first one and discard - then on a new sheet place into the printer and carry on with this same sheet for copy 2,3,4 & so on.