• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble Feeding Vinyl/Edge 2

press52

Hi All,

Suddenly having trouble feeding vinyl through our Edge 2. Sprocket holes are getting stretched and the machine won't register. I made sure the sliding sprocket is free. Tried various Gerber vinyls and foils. Could this be a heat or pressure issue? The vinyl feeds fine when not printing, leading me to believe the heat or pressure is a factor. I used the set-up menu to turn down the pressure, but it always resets back to 1350. Anyone dealt with this before?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Could be the foil isn't feeding properly ... but when that happened to me I also got torn foil. I don't think it is heat or pressure. That would cause torn foil as well. Have you tried it with a different foil cartridge?

press52

Could be the foil isn't feeding properly ... but when that happened to me I also got torn foil. I don't think it is heat or pressure. That would cause torn foil as well. Have you tried it with a different foil cartridge?

Tried many different foils. Same results.

Tony Teveris

I think there is a way one the Edge to "Set to factory settings" but I can't remember what it is. I would try that first. Then try one of the internal test.