• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Trouble importing Adobe Reader pdf with Graphix Advantage 6.2 software

Bill Mac

Hello,

This is my first post Signs 101 Forum. I've been out of lettering for about 8 years after doing truck lettering and striping for over 25 years. I plan on getting back in to it and had a question on an issue I'm having with importing an Adobe Reader pdf. When I try to import the pdf using Graphix Advantage 6.2 there is a "Composer - File not recognized as a GSP .plt file." message. The Graphix Advantage 6.2 software is definitely outdated as is my GSX 4B. But would like to be able to use this system as I build back the business.

Is there any way to import Adobe pdf files using Graphix Advantage 6.2 or does the software need to be updated? The desktop I'm using is quite dated as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Bill

Jburns

welcome.
Are you trying to "import" or open the file? I have omega 6.5 and may be able to save as an older file for you

Joe House

Unless you have .PDF as a file type available in GA in the file open dialog, you won't be able to import this. Even if you do, the version of PDF most likely will be newer than GA can handle.
It's been too long for me since GA I can't remember, but I think Open and Import use the same filters (it's that way in Omega anyway) the difference is if the file opens in the existing file (import) or opens as a new file (open).
If you can get it to someone with Omega, they should be able to save as a GA 6.2 .PLT file, which you should be able to open, no problem.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Short term, send the PDF to Jburns or to me and we can send it back to you in GA 6.2. Long term, if you expect to get files from clients on a regular basis then you should consider spending a few 1,000 dollars and upgrade your computer and Omega.

Bill Mac

Jburns, Joe House and Fred Weiss thank you for your detailed responses! I have contacted a local GSP dealer to get the Omega upgrade. I have a much newer desktop that should work fine.

Fred, I'll send the PDF to you at the email in your post. Thank you!

Bill