• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble Printing Maroon w/Mutoh

intense_design

I am having a difficult time trying to print a gradient from Maroon to white.. It is coming out brown. Anyone have any advice.. I am Printing on Orajet 3951 with a Mutoh 1204. Also when I print any type of Red I have to have my media selected as Other to get it to print the true red and not orange/y looking. Am I missing a setting? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

henryp

If all printhead nozzles are printing as they should and there is no ink cross contamination, your problem is most likely the profile.

Maroon is tuff for me on my Falcon Jr. I just printed some small swatches of several maroon pantone colors and choose the one I liked the best and added that color to my main color library.

randya

Trying printing out one of these and picking the closest color.

It is all about profile and whether your "Maroon" is actually available in the gamut of the ink.

ProWraps

maroon is always a tough one. for us on our mutohs, it more often than not comes out brown.

use randya's suggestion and then adjust your artwork accordingly.