• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble sending picture messages/Verizon

Jillbeans

No not those kind of pictures.
I have a couple in my phone which I want to text to others or to email to myself, but get the message "maximum file size exceeded"
I have a Verizon which I hate but this makes me hate it even worse.
I've looked in Verizon's forum to no avail.
Tried emptying out old pix and texts etc.
Can't send 'em to Verizon's Pix Place either.
Phone has a USB port but it's real tiny.
:thankyou:
Love....Jill

Jim Doggett

No not those kind of pictures.
I have a couple in my phone which I want to text to others or to email to myself, but get the message "maximum file size exceeded"
I have a Verizon which I hate but this makes me hate it even worse.
I've looked in Verizon's forum to no avail.
Tried emptying out old pix and texts etc.
Can't send 'em to Verizon's Pix Place either.
Phone has a USB port but it's real tiny.
:thankyou:
Love....Jill

Hi Jill!!

Do not send from the Messaging app. Go to your Gallery and then send/share the photo, choosing the Messaging option. That seems to work.

And if you've got an Android, gchat is way better than messaging, to your pals who also use gmail.

My $0.02,

Jillbeans

Click the link where I wrote Verizon.
It's a crappy little flip phone.
I got it because it's global and I've been planning a trip to Ireland next summer if my funds improve.

Jim Doggett

Click the link where I wrote Verizon.
It's a crappy little flip phone.
I got it because it's global and I've been planning a trip to Ireland next summer if my funds improve.

Smart move before smart phone upgrade? Smart lady :^)

Emerald Isle here you come!!! Good call.

Jim Doggett

Also, Verizon is a love-hate. Their coverage is hands-down, the best. But their customer service needs to be tarred-and-feathered, before being killed, revived and killed again. Grrrrr.

But I have friends who've switched ... and are kicking themselves.

FWIW

Jillbeans

Oh I hate this phone but it was free, and what I'll need for next year.
Supposedly it does work, and any other time I've been over there nothing else did without some sort of expensive plan.
I just want to be able to get a picture of my mom developed.
I'm only doing one at a time but if I try to add a slide I get the same message.
The only thing I like about Verizon is the unlimited member-to-member minutes.

petepaz

Also, Verizon is a love-hate. Their coverage is hands-down, the best. But their customer service needs to be tarred-and-feathered, before being killed, revived and killed again. Grrrrr.

But I have friends who've switched ... and are kicking themselves.

FWIW

+1
phone service great - customer service not so much

Mike F

I'd assume you wouldn't be posting about this if it did, but does it have a slot for a miniSD card?

Jillbeans

Hahaha I'd take a picture of it if I could...
Is that the slot that looks like a teeny USB port, where I charge it?
I may have to visit the dreaded Verizon store.
It's like the waiting room in Beetlejuice.
:)

Jim Doggett

Oh I hate this phone but it was free, and what I'll need for next year.
Supposedly it does work, and any other time I've been over there nothing else did without some sort of expensive plan.
I just want to be able to get a picture of my mom developed.
I'm only doing one at a time but if I try to add a slide I get the same message.
The only thing I like about Verizon is the unlimited member-to-member minutes.

M2M is great; also Verizon coverage is da bomb, which you can't appreciate until you've suffered other carriers.

BTW, I went from a compact, worked perfectly "not-smart" phone to a so-called smart one, but it's a trade off. Uber cool stuff it does, i.e. replacing my plug-in navigation when driving to someplace new. And email is now about 40% phone and 60% computer. Very cool, albeit, my touch-screen typing skills (spaz) have me borderline "postal" at times. And a small phone that is great at being a phone is often missed, by me anyway.

FWIW