• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Trouble with color profiling. Roland RF-640. CMYK.

Vitalii

Hello, need help with color profiling. Im trying tu build new icc profile for media. Using Gretag Macbeth i1 and Monaco Profiler. i folowing Roland Versa Works intructions ( linearization, total ink limit, printing in Dencity Control only mode a targets. Reading it in Monaco. After, i import a new profile to VersaWorks. All good but grey is green or red.....
What im doing wrong? MAybe some one have any faq how to make it right? Sorry for Bad English/...
open

Last edited:

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Welcome!

when you print black/gray, is it gray with a slight red or green tint or it really looks red or green?

Vitalii

left one made guy with big experience, right me, whatever i. made, picture is green, changed single ink limit, decrease yellow, nothing. help, grey picture is green

hazartilirot

Hello, need help with color profiling. Im trying tu build new icc profile for media. Using Gretag Macbeth i1 and Monaco Profiler. i folowing Roland Versa Works intructions ( linearization, total ink limit, printing in Dencity Control only mode a targets. Reading it in Monaco. After, i import a new profile to VersaWorks. All good but grey is green or red.....
What im doing wrong? MAybe some one have any faq how to make it right? Sorry for Bad English/...
open

Well, if you cannot explain yourself in English try to ask people for help in Russian's forums. It's quite complicated to explain in your native language...
https://sign-forum.ru/viewforum.php?f=37
http://forum.trade-print.ru/

If you want grey to be grey you should use Curve by https://www.chromix.com/ or A RIP (like Onyx) that is already supported G7 calibration.

Vitalii

hazartilirot

i
Thank you for. advice Allready read same topics in russian forum. Nothing useful.
Your question is not about READING! It's about explanation. Try to ask someone for a hand. Call by Viber, Whatsup or Skype and work together with a mentor.

As for creating profile, watch videos on ROLAND website, for example:

Joe House

It's been many years since I've used Monaco, but check and see if there is an option to optimize your grays - it may involve printing another set of swatches that are mostly gray, but vary by a little bit.
Also, check to make sure that your illuminant setting is either D50 or D65 when you create your profile.

Good luck

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You're whole print is completely off. It could be settings inside monaco, its been a long time since ive used that, and i don't remember it at all. Are you changing settings inside monaco?

Watch the video above, Try that method and see if your results are any better.