• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble With Corel

gfgraphics

Using Corel 9 And Must Have Somehow Screwed Up Settings- Cannot Export An Image To Jpeg And Have It Come Out The Right Size. Trying To Export A 24" X 72" Banner And It Come Out In A Smaller Size. Help What Did I Do?

OldPaint

as a jpeg, 24" x 72".................i would belive your EXCEEDING the size limit of EXPORTABLE DESIGNS.
so it is exporting it ..........AT THE SIZE IT CAN.
you are doing something wrong here.
1. why do you need to export at that size?
2. cant you export to RIP/or other program, at say 12" x 36"????? then increas size in the other program?

GVP

I believe Corel 12 and lower have a maximum pixel of 10,000 x 10,000 when exporting bitmaps...you don't say what ppi you're exporting as, but I'm betting if you reduce it, you'll be able to export the image.

gfgraphics

Not Really Experienced With This, But Trying My Hardest To Learn- I Am Exporting At The Size I Need The Banner To Be To Send To A Printer To Print For Me- They Accept Jpeg.

Joe Diaz

Yeah, try lowering your dpi setting. I haven't used 9 in forever. But I would imagine 24" X 72" at 300dpi is very do-able. If not, try stepping down to 200dpi.

signmeup

This has nothing to do with the question, but how does one type a message so that every word is capitalized? Do you actually press the shift key for the start of every single word? Better yet, why on earth would anyone want to? It makes it harder to read. I've seen this in a number of posts lately. Very annoying. If you can't complete a simple task like typing a message properly how the heck are you going to figure out complex software?

signmeup

nO sarcasM intendeD. iT jusT driveS mE nutS.
Hey.... capitalizing all the final letters is even more annoying.

Did resizing the bitmap solve your problem?

Subliminal

I agree with Joe Diaz. I use CorelDraw X4 and changing the resolution greatly changes the files size to a more manageable size for the program to work with. The drop in resolution is barely noticeable from 720dpi to 300dpi for most photographic banners.