• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble with L26500

DRPSignsNGrafix

OK so went to another shop to print a file for them, they don't have anyone there that can run the new printer they bought. Got it printing, had it print till i can attach to take up wheel made sure it was still going. All good right. WRONG Went back this morning and it rolled the material out and up on the take up real but only printed part of the print. But it rolled out the material as if it printed all of it. Then I notice the screen this morning saying reset inks. And I look over and the out a hair. Ok. But if they were out why would it keep printing but not lay ink. I'm confused. Any ideas?

Suz

Hey Mike, your post is a little confusing. What does "And I look over and the out a hair" mean?

From the message you saw on screen saying "reset inks" you might just have to wiggle the ink cartridge until it resets. Ink cartridge might have gotten moved, I've had that happen before. I'm not sure though, why it only printed part of the print and rolled out the rest of the material. Hopefully you didn't waste too much of it. Did it cut off at the end of the print?

By the way, the HP latex printers do a lot of hoola dancing while they print, so perhaps the cartridge wiggled it's way out of the slot while printing? Just guessing here.

DRPSignsNGrafix

Thanks Suz. I can understand that, but I can't figure out why it would go thru the rest of the motions of printing and not lay ink. this boggled my mind. No it didn't cut off. I don't think they have it set up to do that. So was able to roll material back through and on roll. So I can try to reprint again for them later.

the graphics co

sounds like a pain, not sure why it would keep printing. i had a situation with my hp where the ink cartridges were all a bit low on ink and it caused the system to force too much air into some of the cartridges and popped them out of their seating. not sure if this might be the issue, but worth checking. i had to put a full cartridge into a couple of the near empty ones and save what was left in the old cartridges for later use. it fixed the problem

Suz

Mike, that's good, at least you didn't waste all the material (hopefully). I find sometimes that trying to re-use material that went under the heaters already can cause some more issues. Sometimes not though.

DRPSignsNGrafix

Flexi 10.5 for RIP Yes i believe latest. Hardest part about all this is that i'm not there on a regular basis. they convinced me to come over and just run off stuff for them here and there. They have so many people with there hands on computer and printer that don't know what there doing it's so easier for someone to have messed something up. Not to mention there computer needs to be replaced. Thanks for the suggestions guys.